WE ARE HIRING – ESTIMATOR
We wish to recruit an Estimator who will be based in our Head Office in Carlow.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Establish and maintain tender files, update tender registers etc., all in accordance with our standard procedures;
- Issue both sub-contract and material tender enquiries to ensure best value is being achieved from the market;
- Follow up tender returns and ensure quotes are returned to us in a timely fashion;
- Raise any tender queries that may arise with the relevant Design;
- Develop the tender including analysing quotes received, incorporating tender clarifications within our tender and compiling estimator notes;
- Review and record potential opportunities and risks associated with each tender;
- Investigate options for possible value engineering and potential consequences of same;
- Complete detailed analysis of tenders and quotes received from our supply chain, including any clarification of quotes that may be required;
- Prepare our tender submission for final review with the Director(s) within the agreed timeframe;
- Finalise our tender submission including completion of all tender document in accordance with the Instructions to Tenderers and ensure tender is submitted on time;
- Compile tender file upon completion of the tender process, in accordance with our standard procedures.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Degree Qualified in the construction field (Quantity Surveying or Construction Technology);
- 5+ Years’ experience in a similar role;
- Must have strong analytical and numeracy skills;
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and ideally have a working knowledge of Buildsoft, Costx etc.;
- Must have a detailed knowledge of the latest construction technologies, materials, and costs ad market trends;
- Demonstrates excellent budgetary responsibility;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work on their own and also as part of a team;
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment;
- Career driven, ambitious and enthusiastic.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities. To register your interest in the above position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org the closing date for this position is Friday the 19th of October at 5.00pm.